Jo Blankenburg’s Upcoming Album Elysium
Jo Blankenburg’s next album will be released in a few weeks.
After Vendetta (released in 2011), here’s Elysium, Jo Blankenburg’s next album. Like Vendetta, Elysium is a trailer music album that will be released by Position Music, to professionals and to the public. The release date of Elysium is coming closer and closer -it should be out in a few weeks only.
In the meanwhile, Jo Blankenburg has already shared various (and tasty!) pieces of information regarding his new album, via his Facebook page. So, we already know that:
- this new album is called Elysium and, like Vendetta, it seems that there is a whole story and concept behind it… Jo also stated that “Melody is King” was the guiding principle when he conceived the music for his new album.
- Elysium was recorded in Zlin, Czech Republic, during three days.
- it contains choir lyrics in Latin and Sanskrit
- there was a vocal recording session with one-of-a-kind singer Felicia Farerre
- there was also a vocal recording session with Dominik Brychta for two pieces of the album.
- in addition to this, Jo “recorded the highly-motivated, 60-piece Capellen Choir today that truly injected soul and personality into the 11 pieces.”
- the conductor of the orchestra was Petr Pololanik
- Jo even “recorded a record-breaking 52-piece string section with 6 concertmasters in the first violins and three first chairs in all the other sections”!
- the track listing is: Illumielle – Ascencia – Leaving Lemuria – Gryphonheart – Theogony – Voyage dans la Lune – Terra Mirus – Arion – Garador’s Flight – Zephyrus – Empyrea. Which makes a total of 11 tracks.
- we can have a glimpse of the artwork for Elysium, thanks to this nice Facebook cover: